Can Cinnamon Help You Get Pregnant?

Home Forums Nutrition and Health Can Cinnamon Help You Get Pregnant?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Anna478 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

JL Fields
    Keymaster

Questions about the post Can Cinnamon Help You Get Pregnant? Ask here!

conniemm
    Participant

What are your thoughts on the contoversy about cassia cinnamon’s (the most commonly found type of cinnamon) coumarin content? Is that concerning at all to you?

Thanks.

Connie

Ginny Messina
    Keymaster

Connie, it would definitely be of concern to people who are especially sensitive to coumarin, which appears to be a small number of people. To be on the safe side, it may make sense to buy “true” cinnamon from Ceylon.

Lina
    Participant

Do you have the reference for this study? That would be really helpful, thanks!!

~Lina

hje203
    Participant

I got Vegan for Life for Christmas. It’s exactly the book my husband and I have been looking for. Thanks so much.

Do you know if it is safe to take this daily dose of cinnamon throughout the entire cycle (when trying to conceive) or if it is best to discontinue from the day of ovulation until the first day of your next period (i.e. is this a safe dose if actually pregnant)? Thanks, Helen.

Anna478
    Participant

Yes. I recently read in an article that cinnamon helps regulate menstrual cycles and it helps in ovulation.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.